What kind of medical assistance is available at the camp?

MYC typically has at least one physician on staff each year. This Camp Doctor maintains a basic supply of bandages and medications to treat certain ailments or problems (minor cuts, scrapes, bug bites, poison ivy, etc.). A medical release form is required as part of all MYC registration in order to properly inform the Camp Doctor of important medical issues for each child (including administration of any medication during the week.)
The Camp Doctor is provided with an infirmary on the campgrounds where sick campers may stay under observation and treatment as needed. The Camp Doctor may determine whether a camper should seek additional treatment at a medical facility or be sent home early, and the MYC Staff onsite will make arrangements accordingly.

Posted in: 5. Health & Safety